Who We Are
Grace Valley Church exists to help people find the grace of Jesus in the valleys of life.
We are people who have faced valleys of struggle, failure, consequences, pain, and loss.
We have been radically changed by the reality that God’s Grace flows down to meet us where we are and changes us from the inside out.
With humility and gratitude, we have become “valley people” who seek to help others discover the grace we have found.
At Grace Valley church we sincerely want to build a church culture that is not based on an individual personality or name. That being said we are very proud of the staff team that faithfully serves this church. Our team works very hard to build personal relationships with the Grace Valley family. If you are not personally connected to someone on our staff, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]. We are happy to answer any questions you might have and facilitate an opportunity to get to know you better.
We would love to meet you personally whether that be a friendly email exchange or phone call, a good conversation over a meal or coffee, or in person at a worship service sometime soon.
The Aims of Grace Valley Church
We will pursue the vision Jesus gave His Church represented through The Great Commandment and The Great Commission as the two pillars of what it means to be a Christ-centered Church.
The Great Commandment - Matthew 22:37-40
37Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”
The Great Commission - Matthew 28:18-20
18Jesus came and told his disciples, “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. 20Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
- We aim to create holy moments where people can worship Christ through music, prayer, baptism, Communion, and receive the Christ-centered teaching of God’s Word in a clear and helpful way.
- We aim to be a church that grows through friendship and feels like family, where everyone is offered the opportunity, patience, and equipping to reach their full potential in Christ.
- We aim to shepherd people to discover salvation, freedom, purpose, and fulfillment in Christ in the context of community.
- We aim to strengthen families by investing in marriages, parenting, and providing recovery options to help people journey through life in a more healthy way.
- We aim to invest in our kids and build a strong foundation of personal faith in Jesus and a confident knowledge of the Bible.
- We aim to quietly make a difference in the world through humble service, generosity, and kindness.
Grace Valley Church Aspirational Values
Aspirational values are exactly that, aspirational. These values take a lifetime to develop so the real value is in the growth we experience as we go. We may stumble and take a few steps forward to slide a few steps back, but we aspire to be people who increasingly display these character traits. We also know that values must be adopted individually, so each one is worded in the first person.
- Humility - I will daily surrender my will, pride, ego, reputation, and future to my Heavenly Father trusting He gives grace to the humble. I will live in the reality that all things are from Him, through Him, and for Him. I will seek to add value in all things.
- Empathy - I will listen to others, appreciate, and validate their journey, thoughts, and feelings. I will seek to join others in their valley of suffering, struggle, and growth.
- Courage - I will combat shame, lies, and victim-thinking in my life. I will pursue emotional fitness and authentic relationships through transparency and vulnerability about my struggles, failures, emotions, desires, and dreams—with people I trust. I will lead the way in surrender, sacrifice, and service and share my story to benefit others.
- Love - I will recognize that everyone is just like me, in need of patience because they are flawed and kindness because they are fragile. I will be patient and kind—this is love.
- Wisdom - I will refuse to be wise in my own eyes. I will pursue self-awareness and personal growth by inviting feedback and counsel from those in my circle. I will operate in reality and accept disappointment, criticism, and struggles as a gift to help me grow and view blessings as the test of my values and my faith.